Partner With Us and Grow Your Practice!
PACS (picture archiving and communication system) is a technology for the cloud storage of medical images which allows for efficient viewing and retrieval of those images for management and distribution.
RIS (Radiology Information System) is a networked software solution for managing medical imagery and associated data. A RIS is needed for tracking radiology imaging orders and storing medical reports. At USARAD, we use RIS in conjunction with PACS to provide secure and efficient teleradiology services.
Benefits of PACS:
- Allows user to zoom in on images and retrieve them for better viewing and analysis.
- Reduces image duplication because previous results are stored electronically.
- Improves data management efficiency.
- Allows quick access to patient records and reports.
Benefits of RIS:
- The ability to deliver text and images in formats convenient for physicians improves workflow and satisfaction.
- More efficient procedures and personnel will naturally result in greater productivityand quality.
- RIS/PACS integration speeds decisions throughout the exam chain.
Reliable and flexible teleradiology
Our state-of-the-art datacenter is built with redundant servers, fast and secure broadband connections, and the capability to offer long-term data archiving for digital images. Our standard implementation process is straightforward, requires no interfaces, and is managed and supported by our operational and technical staff. Our client support center is constantly monitoring our systems and processes; we are just a phone call away if you need help.
HIPAA-compliant distribution capabilities
To comply with HIPAA regulations, the reports and annotated images are distributed in a secure manner. Information can only be accessed through encrypted connections.
We utilize a sophisticated workflow system which ensures fast distribution of images and reports between clients, radiologists and referring physicians. Clients may receive their reports via the internet or fax. A Tier 1 co-located data center manages network and Internet infrastructure ensuring 99.995% uptime reliability and security.